Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Pigs

I've just been blog hopping to put off having to clean my room. It's a complete mess. Guinea pigs make a bigger mess then you'd think. I love my piggies but they drive me nuts with their incessant chattering and ability to fling poop five feet away. No one told me that they are really really social animals and love to talk at all hours of the night.



Ginny




Pavoratti




But as you can see, they are just too cute to leave on someone's doorstep. Pavarotti is about five years old and Ginny is maybe four. My sister brought Ginny over after she found her in her ex-roommate's snake cage. Yep, he just tossed her in there. Thank god the snake wasn't interested in her. My sister grabbed her up and brought her to me since I was the only person she knew of that knew something about pigs. Poor thing was so terrified. Even after a year of having her she hasn't warmed up to me and never will. She won't ever be able to trust humans. She's at the point now where I can pet her and let me pick her up when I clean her cage. Mr. P was given to me by a coworker who was going to bring him at the animal shelter. So here are my little unwanted babies. And even with their high pitched squealing at 3am I still love them dearly.

Guinea Pigs make great pets. They are pretty low maintenance and are very socialable. They love to be cuddled and I can get Mr. P to purr when I pet him. For people who don't mind rodents, I'd recommend a piggy in a heartbeat. So go out and get yourself a pig today. They are herd animals and are best kept with other piggies. But remember, they are not feeder animals and males will fight each other. So do all your research if you ever consider getting one or two. Trust me though, you won't regret it. I don't.

0 comments:

Post a Comment