Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Entrecarders and Blogger

I'd like to thank all entrecarders that drop and advertise on my blog. I'll be featuring a different blog from Entrecard from time to time to showcase the whole awesome community. Not to get anything really, just because it's fun to do a feature. It will probably happen whenever I have nothing to write about haha. But seriously, I'd like to do it once a week and as an added bonus I'll pop their entrecard on my blog for the week. I'll most likely pick from that week's droppers. No this isn't a dropping contest because I may NOT pick from that list. That just seems like the easiest system for me.

Now for a random topic. After scrolling through said website's forum, I came across a thread that said, in so many words, that Blogger is bad and I have to wonder why. This blog was originally posted on Wordpress (and still is actually though it won't be updated). Not a bad place, just not my style. Too professional perhaps? Maybe professional is the wrong word. Maybe I mean stodgy but I'm not sure. Is Wordpress the adult version of Blogger? You can't use Blogger and be a serious blogger? The cool kids all have their own domain name apparently. Great, I just made myself laugh. I just love to use the phrase "cool kids".

But seriously, you probably are one of the cool kids if you have your own domain. I'm not debating that. I'd love to do that someday, whenever I get around to it. But for now I'm using Blogger and love it. No this isn't a commercial for Google. It just seems like the easiest and most customizable blog hosting service out there. But can I not be a "serious" blogger because of my choice of site? I don't think so. Sure Blogger is the nerd of blog hosting. Everyone laughs at it and it gets beaten up on a daily basis. But when you need your homework done then you call over a smart nerdy guy like Blogger. I'm not sure what the heck that means but it sounds good to me. I think what I'm saying is that sure, Blogger might be the loner and might get picked on but when you actually talk to that loner you find that they're user friendly, socialable, and pretty good at getting a job done. Got to love weird analogies.

1 comments:

Kathy said...

I totally agree about Blogger, for me I need easy and quick. I can do what I want to for free. You can't beat the price!

Post a Comment